Along with husband George, Anna Gianoulis and her talented team of creatives have been delivering floral artistry and fabulous gifts around Townsville for 25 years – meet the mum of three and organisational dynamo here
TRY : Decisions, decisions!!
Animal lovers can rest easy too, the body yoghurts are 100% vegan and are available in Strawberry, Almond Milk, British Rose, Coconut, Moringa, Mango and one special-edition Banana scent – that's what we'll be having - they're only RRP $16.00 / 200ml, get yours at The Body Shop Stockland, details here
Good luck choosing between the six awesome scents of The Body Shop's new Body Yogurts, they’re fast-absorbing and take just 15 seconds to absorb into the skin for 48 hours of lightweight moisture – YASSSS!
HEAR : this Good Thing
Hungry is my state of mind / Bad love left me high and dry / World is getting hotter / lead me to the water / You know I need some…
Leon Bridges is a former dishwasher who’s laid back R&B style catapulted him from open mic nights to the Grammys, he headlined at Byron Bay’s Bluesfest and sold out shows in Sydney and Melbourne last month, his new album is called Good Thing and is out now, and you can hear it on Spotify here and iTunes here
WEAR : Something really cool…
We’re pretty sure not many other places in the world celebrate a drop in temperature like we do up here in the tropics, but if it means we can finally wear cooler weather options like long sleeves, what better option than this long sleeved lovely?
The lust-worthy Amelie playsuit is made of gorgeous cotton lace, looks amazing with peep-toe ankle boots and you can get it for $89.99 from Hazel Maï at 2/345 Flinders Street Townsville, or online here
SEE: The Longest Minute - The Real Story Of The North Queensland Cowboys...
Where were you the night of the 2015 NRL Grand Final? The night when long-time underdogs the North Queensland Cowboys won in an all-QLD nail-biter that changed the game, and the state, forever…
"Sport and theatre have so much in common and I love them both: their sense of drama and spectacle, of heroes and villains, and triumphs against the odds. The last few minutes of the 2015 NRL Grand Final is almost the perfect piece of storytelling"
For one family of Cowboys diehards, their whole lives have led up to this moment.... and you can see this awesome performance by Robert Kronk and Nadine McDonald-Dowd in collaboration by Queensland Theatre, debase Productions, and Jute Theatre Company Co-production, co-presented with Dancenorth. on Thursday May 17 at 11:00am and 6.30pm, Friday May 18 and Saturday May 19 at 7.30pm at the Dancenorth Theatre, Townsville, tickets available here
GO : Yummy, Mummy!
We already know Otto’s Fresh Food Market as a place of foodie delights, but wait ‘til you see what they have in store for Mother’s Day!
We’re loving the sound of high tea tradition with a delectable menu of decadent three tiered delights created by Otto’s Parlour Patisserie and Otto’s Kitchen, plus a glass of champagne on arrival, and free flow coffee, tea and fresh juice.
Tickets are $59 per person and you can choose from two seating times, 10am-12 noon (tickets here) and 2pm-4pm (tickets here) so get in quick and enjoy Mother’s Day in the best way – with PASTRY!
LAST MINUTE SHOP : Five fab Mother’s Day gift ideas
1. The delightful ‘Love You Mum’ pampering selection from A Box Of… with soft cotton waffle weave face washer, hand blended "Float" Bath Teabag by Maelaine Bath Tea Bags to soak and relax, hand poured with love & care soy travel candle in "Summer Crush" by Teddo & Lid & A Box Of matches, and Mothers Day Gift Card where the A Box Of… team will hand write your personal message plus Kraft Gift Box, filler, swing tag, ribbon, $55 – to order click here
2. Lippy Addict Jodie Bedford’s new catalogue is out, (she recommends the Detox Mask & Lip Scrub) but the best news of all is that you’ll get a free gift when you spend $100, so that means something for you AND something for Mum – hand delivered to your door! Check out Jodie's facebook page and catalogue here, and get shopping!
3. You couldn’t have a better keepsake for your Mum than a portrait taken by the award-winning Queensland Commercial Photographer of the Year, Matthew Gianoulis – the ‘Modern Studio Portrait Session’ is a day to be pampered, made over and feel glamorous. Stop the clock, enjoy, and make this an experience to remember! The session includes full hair and makeup styling by Townsville’s best artists, book a sitting for a professional portrait here that your Mum will absolutely LOVE…
4. If your Mum’s got enough knick-knacks, why not treat her to a pamper session at Touch of Utopia? Whether it’s a cut, colour, having her makeup done or even something as simple as a blowdry, this fantastic talents at this busy urban salon will leave your Mum looking and feeling absolutely amazing – find their contact details on their facebook page here
5. We can’t imagine a female that doesn’t love flowers but if you find one, we’re happy to take them off her hands!
Spoil your Mum this Mother’s Day with a stunning floral arrangement from Malpara Florists, they not only have beautiful flowers but all kinds of beautiful gifts to go with it – you’ll find them at Willows Shopping Centre or 119 Charters Towers Road, Hyde Park - plus you can also be in the running to win Mum a beautiful bouquet and luxury Ecoya scented candle valued at a total of $200 when you check out their stunning new website here !
To follow us on Pinterest for the latest in all things awesome - click here!!!